Sep 18, 2008

Evernote for iPhone


Yesterday, I have recommended Evernote 3 for Windows/Mac. One of the great feature is that you can take your note on your computer at office/home and you can synchronize it on web/mobile for easy checking. I personally has an iPod Touch (with iPhone software 2.1). And I have tried Evernote for iPhone and found it is still good to use, even there is still problem.

Before you use Evernote seiously with your iPhone, it is reminded that network connection (WiFi, GPRS or 3G) is required to check the notes online. For my case, my iPod Touch can just view the notes over WiFi connection. For people with iPhone 3G or with GRPS, use can check there note online over the iPhone anywhere.

With this software, you can create new Text Note, Snapshot Note (with photo), Audio Note(with voice) in your iPhone and synchronize them to the web later. It's really cool and you can use your iPhone in more productive way.

To check your notes, the search note function in Evernote for iPhone is also terrific. Thumbtail image of the note is also provided. You can search your note easily without any problem.

The major problem for the iPhone version is that it cannot modify the old notes. I understand that the editor on iPhone is still basic one and it is difficult to contain editing feature easily without removing the format of the note on PC. Personally, I will add a new text node to record the change with proper tag first and do the editing later when I am back to PC. So far it is still good enough for my case.

This software is still very good, especially if you have enough data transfer plan from your mobile service provider.

URL: http://www.evernote.com/about/download/iphone/